Each member institution must designate a primary contact.
As a primary contact, you are responsible for the following:
- We will contact you about all of the consortium’s data sharing opportunities. If there are surveys or types of institutional data that would be useful to people outside of your office or involve data for which they are responsible, please forward the information about these opportunities to them. We will keep you apprised when other people on your campus contact us about participating in or providing data for a HEDS data sharing opportunity.
- You will have to sign off on your institution's participation in any HEDS surveys or other data sharing activities.
- You are also the only person at your institution who is eligible to vote on consortium matters, including the election of board members, changes to the consortium's by-laws, and approving the consortium’s annual budget.
- You are responsible for letting the HEDS staff know which people at your institution should have access to HEDS data on Box.com or can participate in the listserv.
- Finally, you signed the Statement of Understandings for your institution. This means that you are also responsible for ensuring that anyone at your institution who has access to HEDS data understands their obligations as described in this statement.
Submitting Contact Changes
Once a year during membership renewal, we will send the primary contact a list of the people who have access to HEDS services and ask her or him to update the list. Primary contacts may also submit contact changes throughout the year.
To add a colleague to HEDS services, to remove a colleague from HEDS, to adjust a colleague’s permissions, or to transition a new primary contact, please download the HEDS Contact Changes Form and submit it to Barb Lawhorn.
Primary contacts may ask for a list of the people who have access to HEDS services at their institution at any time by contacting Barb Lawhorn.