2021 HEDS Annual Conference Travel Information
Arriving by Plane
If you are flying to the conference, you will want to reserve a flight that comes into the St. Louis Lambert International Airport. The hotel is nine miles from the airport.
Clayton Plaza Hotel’s complimentary shuttle service to and from the airport is suspended at this time. We will update this page if it becomes available again. Current options for reaching the hotel include the public light rail system; taxi’s, Uber, or Lyft; or renting a car from the airport. See information about all airport ground transportation options here.
To use MetroLink, the St. Louis metropolitan region’s light rail system:
- Go to the Metrolink Station in your arrival terminal.
- The Metrolink Station for Terminal 1 is at Exit Door 1, Ticketing Level, east of all ticket counters. The Metrolink Station for Terminal 2 is at Exit Door 12, through the parking garage.
- You will board the Red Line train East toward Shiloh Scott.
- Exit at the Forest Park Station.
- Transfer to the Blue Line West toward Shrewsbury Lansdown E I-44.
- Exit at the Clayton Station which is 3 blocks (0.2 mi) from the hotel.
If utilizing taxis, Uber, or Lyft:
- For taxis at Terminal 1, go to Exit Door 14 and to Garage Yellow Level. For Terminal 2, use Exit Door 12.
- Ride App pickup zones are Exit Door 6 (Ticketing Level) for Terminal 1 and Exit Door 15 for Terminal 2.
If you are renting a car at the St. Louis airport, the Clayton Plaza hotel provides the following directions from the airport to the hotel:
- Take I-70 E in Berkeley from Lambert International Boulevard.
- Take I-170 S to Forest Park Pkwy in Clayton. Take exit 1E from I-170 S.
- Continue on Forest Park Pkwy and exit onto S Central Avenue.
- Turn right onto Carondelet Avenue. The hotel will be on your right.
Arriving by Car
The hotel offers complimentary, on-site parking. Click “Directions” (or “view larger map” if you’re using Explorer) on the map below to find out how to reach the hotel from your location via Google Maps.