HEDS Student Satisfaction Survey is now closed. 2023-2024 registration will open in late summer.
HEDS Student Satisfaction Survey
The HEDS Student Satisfaction Survey asks your students how satisfied they are with their academic experiences, course instruction, campus services and facilities, and campus life.
You can use information from this survey to:
- identify strengths and areas for improvement in four key areas of student experience that promote student success; and
- learn more about how students with different identities and backgrounds experience different parts of your institution.
Click on the following questions to learn more.
You can administer the HEDS Student Satisfaction Survey for any 3-6 week period between October 15, 2022, and April 30, 2023.
The survey is designed for undergraduate students at 2-year and 4-year institutions.
We ask that you register at least four weeks prior to the date on which you plan to begin administering the survey.
Institutions that administer the HEDS Student Satisfaction Survey will receive:
- A Real-time Report – an online report which will give a real-time summary of responses to some of the closed-ended survey questions.
- SPSS and Microsoft Excel files with all your students’ closed and open-ended responses. We will add values/labels to the SPSS file. We typically send these files within two weeks of your survey closing.
- A report that compares your students’ results to those of students at other participating institutions. You can expect this report approximately three months after the last survey closes.
- A compilation of your students’ responses to the open-ended questions. This easily sortable file typically comes with your comparison report.
YES! Here’s how:
- We insert your institution’s name at the top of each page of the survey
- You can add up to three supplemental questions at the end of the survey
- You can customize the survey invitations and reminders
The survey is free to HEDS member institutions. The base cost for institutions not in HEDS is $2,100. There are some custom options for additional fees. You will find full administration and cost details under Downloads.
This survey is one part of a suite of surveys and data exchanges focused on student success that are free as part of HEDS membership.
To learn more about becoming a HEDS member, please visit our Join HEDS page.
If you have any questions, please email us at SatisfactionSurvey@hedsconsortium.org, and we will get back to you right away.