HEDS Student Satisfaction Survey
The HEDS Student Satisfaction Survey is designed for undergraduate students at 2-year and 4-year institutions. It asks your students how satisfied they are with their academic experiences, course instruction, campus services and facilities, and campus life.
You can use information from this survey to:
- identify strengths and areas for improvement in these four key areas of student experience that promote student success; and
- learn more about how students with different identities and backgrounds experience these different aspects of your institution.
Registration Deadline Change
We are now requiring that you register at least seven weeks (35 business days) before the day you want your survey to start. With the high demand for our surveys, this new timeline ensures we can do a good job of administering your survey for you. We urge you to download and read the survey information sheet by clicking on the “Survey Options, Policies, and Fees (PDF)” button found in the Downloads section of this webpage. This document details all the survey options available to you, as well as our expectations, practices, fees, and terms of service.
Click on the following questions to learn more.
You can administer the HEDS Student Satisfaction Survey for any 3–6 week period between October 30, 2023, and May 24, 2024.
Please be aware that you must register at least seven weeks (35 business days) prior to the date on which you plan to begin administering the survey.
Institutions that administer the HEDS Student Satisfaction Survey will receive:
- A report that compares your students’ results to those of students at other participating institutions.
- Unit-record SPSS and Microsoft Excel files with your institution’s survey data. We will send these files within 10 business days after your survey closes.
- A real-time update of how students are responding to key questions during the administration.
YES! Here’s how:
- We insert your institution’s name at the top of each page of the survey
- You can customize the survey invitations and reminders
- You can add up to ten custom, institution-specific questions at the end of the survey
While you can add supplemental questions to the end, we do not modify our survey questions or response options. In order for us to offer the benefit of comparative data between participating institutions in our survey reports, the questions and response options have to be the same across all the colleges and universities using the survey.
- Survey base cost – $1,325
- Survey base cost for HEDS members – $0
These prices include up to 10 supplemental questions. You will find all survey options and fees in the survey information sheet. Please click on the “Survey Options, Policies, and Fees (PDF)” button in the Downloads section of this webpage.
This survey is part of a suite of surveys and data exchanges focused on student success that are free as part of HEDS membership. To learn more about becoming a HEDS member, please visit our Join HEDS page.